As it is ‘unseasonably’ cold here in the UK, although there’s been no snow (yet) where Tachoblog is, we thought we’d take all of you somewhere that is certainly more than a bit chilly.
Back in 2007, the chaps from the UK’s Top Gear program embarked on one of their ambitious challenges. Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond attempt to race from Northern Canada to the North Pole, a 450-mile journey.
The terrain in between is some of the toughest on earth, composed of mountains and jagged sea ice. Temperatures can drop to minus 65 degrees Celcius, and polar bears are an added threat.
While Jeremy and James drive in the comfort of a specially adapted pick up truck (more on that after part one), Richard travels on a sled pulled by a team of ten huskies.
Now click below for the other two parts and for details on that pick-up truck…
The Toyota Hilux being used was standard until Arctic Trucks got hold of it. They specialise in modifying 4WD vehicles for use in rough environments, for example in the mountains, on glaciers or in the desert.
Rescue teams, military units, police forces and electrical companies use Arctic Trucks cars, as well as ordinary people who need cars that suit their lifestyle. Arctic Trucks has been operating in Iceland and Norway for many years.
Now, onto the second installment.
Finally, As the race reaches its climax, who has made it to the North Pole first?
Related Articles and Blog Posts…
- James May | Irish Times Motors Podcast
- Jeremy clarkson zonda r – Jeremy Clarkson lane drives a Pagani Zonda R: video | Autosnewspaper.com
- Jeremy Clarkson Has Reviewed The Ferrari 599 GTO
- 98 Ski-doo Mxz 670 Turbo Sled Snowmobile | Snowmobile Auctions and Sales
- Toyota Teams Up With Arctic Trucks In South Africa | SACarFan
- 19 November 2010 – Richard Hammond – Motoring Column – Advice … | Motoring Mouth UK
- Jeremy Clarkson – The Italian Job – What is it about JC and Christmas? | Motor Trade Insider
- Watch James May’s Man Lab Season 1 Episode 3 Online | Latest Tv Episode
- Arctic trucks for sale – Arctic Trucks’ Toyota Hilux pickup truck from BBC Top Gear TV show – Japan Online News And Information – Japan Online
- James May’s LEGO Home Demolished | Inhabitots