Thanks to the rather good Yanko Design website and, in particular designer Adam Palethorpe, Tachoblog can bring you this beautiful, futuristic Scania that not only looks good (and is ‘green’) but also alerts everyone when the driver has broken their Drivers’ Hours regulations.
According to Adam, ‘the noisy, polluting, gas guzzling giants are being tamed to look more demure and sophisticated, and how! The Scania Concept that we see here is a pure reflection of this new theory and is a bid to change the perception that trucks are the big bullies of the highway’.
Click below for more and to see how the truck displays driving infringements…
The truck ‘ is designed to be eco-friendly and economical by using a diesel-electric hybrid engine. The innovative part comes on the wheel-hub design that sports indicative color-coded LEDs that point out speeding and other rules broken.
Tachoblog loves this design and, as we’ve found a few more that we like too, we’ll be bringing you some others in the coming days.
Related Articles and Blog Posts…
- Scania at Interschutz 2010 – Solutions for fire and rescue operations « Machineshift Blog
- HGV UK.com – UK Haulage Industry News, Views and Product Updates, LKW-Walter-Transport 25 not out with Scania dealer
- Using Hybrid Rental Cars, Hybrid Car Rental , Hybrid Car | Hybrid SUV | Hybrid Vehicle | Hybrid 4×4
- Kitchens And Appliances Of The Future – Announcing The Top 25 Entries of Electrolux Design Lab 2010 » Yanko Design
- Communicative Coffee Table by Di Wu » Yanko Design
- Young European Truck Driver 2010: Italian final focused on cargo securing – Scania Social Media Newsroom
- Scania to Increase Truck Dealerships in Iraq As Demand Grows | Iraq Business News
- used cars : Understanding Hybrid Cars «cars sale | car | cars | top cars | best cars
- Android Cookin’ Up Some Coffee, Thanks to Yanko Design | AndroidGuys
- Advantages of a Hybrid Motor – The Green Car | Law Lemon Michigan