Tachoblog’s off (only virtually sadly) to Armenia with the news that Volvo Trucks in Central Asia and the Caucasus has signed a contract for 100 trucks with Spayka LLC, one of the largest hauliers in the country.
45 vehicles have already been delivered. The remaining 55 trucks will be delivered in the first quarter of 2011.
Now click below for more…
The order covers Volvo FH tractors equipped with the 13-litre 480 hp engine and Globetrotter XL cab. The new Volvo FH trucks are also fitted with Volvo I-Shift, Volvo’s automatic gearchanging system, which enables the driver to focus solely on the road and traffic environment, thus improving road safety. Fuel efficiency and driver comfort were the main criteria in the customer’s decision to buy Volvo trucks.
“We are sure that the trucks ordered will make our customer’s business more profitable and will serve as a benchmark for the Armenian international transportation industry,” Henrik Appelbom, head of Volvo Trucks in Central Asia and the Caucasus, told Tachoblog.
Spayka LLC was established in 2001. Most of its fleet is used for long-haul operations both internationally and within the country.
Related Articles and Blog Posts…
- Truck Driving is Safer Year After Year | Trucking Jobs Blog
- Hauliers – Beware “parcel not received” scam « Scam Detectives
- International Transportation Specialist – ReqCode 2112106 | Jobs in New Jersey
- 2006 U.S. Industry and Market Outlook Report Now Available | Mind Tree
- HGV UK.com – UK Haulage Industry News, Views and Product Updates, LKW-Walter-Transport ‘Enough is Enough’ says RHA
- Eve Online – AT8 Day 3 – RAGE v SOLAR FLEET at flash small game
- Fuel duty rises by one pence per litre and RHA says “Enough is Enough” | Car Leasing News
- Cheterian to Lecture on ‘Caucasus Conflicts’ at Columbia | Armenian Weekly
- META: Another Traffic Benchmark « ASIFA-Hollywood Animation Archive
- Truck insurance simplified « TruckersZone.com Trucking Industry Website