The omens look good for next year’s Commercial Vehicle Show which takes place at Birmingham’s NEC from 12-14 April 2011, with the news that Tachoblog can (almost) exclusively reveal, that Mercedes-Benz has announced its intent to exhibit at the planned show next year, with all of its divisions represented, ie Mercedes-Benz Vans, Trucks, Approved Used Commercials, Econic, Unimog and Mitsubishi Fuso Canter.
Ian Jones, Managing Director Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles told Tachoblog, “If the CV Show returns in 2011, so will we, and we plan to return to the NEC with a full range of products and services. The organisers of this year’s Commercial Vehicle Operators Show have stated their intent to reinstate the show proper next year, and it’s important that there is strong support to that initiative.”
Click below for more on Mercedes and the 2011 CV Show and where you can see the company this year…
The Commercial Vehicle Show 2009 was cancelled by organisers in light of the global recession and its effects on the industry, and the CV Operators Show in 2010 did not have any truck manufacturers in attendance.
Mr Jones continued, “As a global business we ensured that Research and Development teams were properly-funded, to guarantee that we don’t reduce the commitment needed to keep the next generation of Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles at the top of their respective sectors.
“If there is another economic downturn we will obviously need to review the decision, and the CV Show will only be viable if other manufacturers join us in committing to the exhibition. A lot clearly depends on the health of the British economy in the next 12 months of course, but it is our clear intent to return to the CV Show in 2011.”
The CV Show is the latest exhibition attendance announced byMercedes-BenzUK, and is part of an ongoing commitment to meeting its customers and contacts around the country. The truck division will feature prominently at Truckfest Peterborough, held at the East of England Showground on Sunday 2nd and Bank Holiday Monday 3rd May. The large show stand will include a wide range of the company’s latest trucks and vans, along with experts from Mercedes-BenzUKon hand to answer questions and to talk trucks.
Ian Jones said, “Truckfest remains a highpoint in our event calendar, and is an excellent way to meet operators, drivers and their families. At 4,500 square metres, this year’s stand is the biggest we’ve ever had and there’s plenty to fill it. Alongside the business elements, of course we plan to have some fun for all the family. There will be face-painters, our MERCEDES GP PETRONAS Formula 1 simulator, and lots more besides – plus amazing mountain bike displays from the Animal Relentless bike tour!”
Van Experience, a two-week ride-and-drive event held inKenilworth, Warwickshire, will run from 14-25 June. Here, guests drive Mercedes-Benz Vans in a range of challenging conditions designed to highlight the myriad safety systems fitted as standard to every Mercedes-Benz Van.
Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles is also exhibiting at a number of specialist shows including: FutureSource, formerly known as the IWM Show, in London’s ExCeL; Green Fleet Arrive and Drive at Rockingham Raceway; RWM at the NEC; with dealers being the main point of contacts at the four regional Truckfest shows held around the country throughout the summer.
Related Articles and Blog Posts…
- HGV UK.com – UK Haulage Industry News, Views and Product Updates, LKW-Walter-Transport CV Operator Show exceeds expectations
- HGV Ireland – Road Haulage – Road Transport – AFerry, CPC Courses, Exceptional Load Services, LKW Walter, Recovery & Winch, Covertech, Fleet Solutions, Transway Spares, Pipefab, Collectors Toys, Ever Ton Depot, Truckstuff.ie, PE Services,
- Lost Next Generation Breakthroughs! | Club Sea Breeze vacation
- Mercedes Benz UNIMOG U500 Expedition Vehicle by UNICAT / 4×4 off road camper truck | My Efficient Planet
- Next Generation Solar Energy Center – Florida | My Efficient Planet
- BabyCenter: MOMformation » Blog Archive » 12 Months Apart: My son, the pre-school dropout
- Romona Guthmiller » Blog Archive » Pumpkin, a Super Food for All 12 Months of the Year
- WIN! Tickets to Truckfest in Peterborough – Cambs Times
- Mercedes Benz Unimog Tractor Ensures Smooth Operation with Functional Six Wheel | Tuvie – Industrial Design and Future Technology
- CV Operator Show Goes Beyond Expectations | The Van Insurer