Tachoblog can report that Daimler AG and the commercial vehicle manufacturer Oy Sisu Auto Ab. of Karjaa, Finland, have signed a contract for the supply of Mercedes-Benz truck components to Sisu.
Following the positive findings of a technical feasibility study in September 2010, the first delivery of truck components to the Finnish automaker Sisu will take place before the end of this year.
Now click below for all of the details…
The contract includes the provision of components for between 200 and 400 vehicles. Sisu will supply the frames, axles, and drive shafts for the trucks, which are intended for use in the forestry and construction business. Cabs, engines, and transmissions will be components from the Mercedes-Benz Actros.
The heavy-duty trucks will be assembled by Sisu and sold in Finland under the Sisu brand. In late November Sisu announced the market launch of the new Polar truck, which is an addition to the Sisu product portfolio. Plans call for the first trucks to be delivered to customers in March 2011.
Hubertus Troska, Head of Mercedes-Benz Trucks, told Tachoblog, “We are delighted with this very promising partnership and the fact that Sisu selected us to supply it with high-quality Mercedes-Benz truck components. Sisu is a traditional brand that is known for its first-class trucks. With the signing of this contract we are opening up a new area of business and generating additional sales potential for our vehicle components.”
The vehicles will be sold through the Veho Commercial Vehicles sales network in Finland. The Veho Group Oy Ab. has been importing Mercedes-Benz passenger cars and commercial vehicles since 1939 and also sells the Fuso Canter and Setra buses in Finland.
The market for medium- and heavy-duty trucks in Finland encompassed about 2,600 units in 2009, which was an exceptionally difficult year; approximately 3,500 trucks are sold in a normal year.
Around 390 Mercedes-Benz trucks were delivered in 2009, representing a market share of 15 percent.
Supplying the components to the independent truck manufacturer Sisu will particularly benefit the Veho Group Oy service network, which also maintains and repairs Sisu vehicles in its role as the general representative for Mercedes Benz commercial vehicles.
Related Articles and Blog Posts…
- SISU Ski Fest – Ironwood, MI – January 14 – 15, 2011 : Michigan Ski Blog – Skiing and Snowboarding in Michigan
- Mercedes Trucks to Supply Oy Sisu Auto
- Daimler, Mercedes-Benz to celebrate 125 years of the automobile | Car Advice | Reviews
- Daimler to Celebrate 125th Birthday of the Motor Car | BenzInsider.com – A Mercedes-Benz Fan Blog
- Beshoff MotorCars Selected to Introduce New Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van – American Consumer News
- Mercedes-Benz Canada reports its best November ever and delivers the first smart fortwo electric drive vehicles in Canada « Donna Magazine
- Mercedes-Benz Trucks supplies components for Finnish Commercial Vehicle Manufacturer | Mercedes-Benz Passion eBlog
- Speeding ahead of its competitors, Daimler AG capitalizes on the cloud – Vertical Industries – Site Home – TechNet Blogs
- New Mercedes-Benz Actros Safety Trucks 2010 | All Cars Review