Recognise this? In case you didn’t (or guess from this post’s title), it’s the Land Rover City-Cab from Sylvester Stallone’s 1995 film, Judge Dredd.
This and other amazing Land Rovers from blockbuster movies and hit TV shows will be attracting the crowds at this year’s LANDROVERmax! held at Stoneleigh Park from 28th to 30th August.
Click below for all the details and a list of some of what you can see…
Transferring from the big screen to the showground is the Land Rover 110 used in Tomb Raider and driven by Angelina Jolie who played the amazing Lara Croft. While Land Rovers have featured in many films, including The Ipcress File, The Italian Job and Get Carter, Tomb Raider (2001) really put the world’s 4×4 in the limelight as Lara went in search of hidden treasure.
The dramatic City-Cab from Judge Dread is based on the forward-control (cab over the engine as opposed to having a bonnet like conventional Land Rovers), 31 examples were made for the film, which was set in 2139. Featuring an all-new body design for the film, bodies were made from glassfibre and were built by Land Rover.
From the small screen is Buster – a 1986 110 owned by Top Gear presenter and Land Rover fanatic Richard Hammond. His example, which began life as a 3.5-litre V8, now runs a heavy-duty 4.5-litre V8 pumping out more than 200bhp, as well as running equally tough suspension. And if that V8 doesn’t offer enough of a soundtrack, there’s a mind-numbing sound system providing the tunes.
According to Richard, he estimates that he has blown £70,000 on it: “It cost more than a new Range Rover and is more expensive to run than a Ferrari Enzo but I always drive it with a big grin on my face.”
The biggest star of the show however is the SAS Desert Patrol 110 model, used by the British Army in Iraqi and Afghanistan campaigns. In theatres of war the Land Rover is a vital tool helping soldiers and they have served alongside military personnel down the decades, becoming well-loved for their reliability and strength.
Land Rover Max is open from 9am until 5.30pm. Day Tickets are available £10 for adults in advance and £14 on the day. Entry for children is free. Weekend tickets (covering the three show days but no camping) are £25 and available in advance only. Car parking is free and all show visitors receive a free show programme. Call the ticket and camping hotline on 020 7907 6329. Visit the website www.landrovermax.com for further updates.
Related Articles and Blog Posts…
- The Ipcress File (1965) – Hollywood Movie Watch Online | Watch Latest Movies Online Free
- Important Facts About UK Army Recruitment And Training | Creative Revolver
- Cash Cab iPhone Game Based On Discovery Channel Show, FREE Today! | The APPera
- The British Army Journal « Daly History Blog
- National Geographic – Richard Hammond’s Engineering Connections Millau Bridge | Clip On Load
- Road test: 2010 Range Rover Supercharged | AutoMiddleEast.com
- A Retainer is a Vital Tool For Dental Braces | Articles Directory – Submit Articles Free
- Feel The Excitement Of Race Day As Codemasters® Releases New F1 2010™ Gameplay Video » Young man Blog
- SEO- A vital web marketing tool | Website Marketing Pros
- Adams Morgan Blockbuster Video to Close – City Desk – Washington City Paper