Yesterday we posted about the purchase by Gloucester Cathedral of an Alke ATX200E truck from ePower Trucks.

In the post we mentioned that this new electric truck was replacing a Lister Truck that had been in service at the Cathedral since 1964 and that we’d try and find out some more.

Well, a couple of emails later and Bairbre Lloyd, the Operations and Marketing Manager for Gloucester Cathedral kindly sent us a couple of  pictures  of ‘Gary on our old Lister truck’.

Gloucester Cathedral Lister Truck

Unfortunately Bairbre didn’t know much more about it other than ‘it has been used daily in the Cathedral since 1964.’

Now click below for more…

Gloucester Cathedral Lister Truck2

Tachoblog did a bit of digging and thanks to the Autotruck Club we’ve discovered that ‘Lister Autotrucks are probaly the best known of all Industrial Trucks, they were produced by R A Lister, Dursley, Gloucestershire from the 1920′s until 1972.

‘R A Lister then sold the design to DP Engineering (David Proctor) of  Middlemore Lane Aldridge and later in the 1970′s this became MWM Powertrucks operating from the same address and finally DPR Engineering at Cannock as late as the 1990′s’

We also found this picture of ‘Mr George Grist, a Lister Agent, demonstrating his Auto truck developed at the workshops of the Auto Mower Co.,Norton St Phillips, Bath. Circa 1926′

Lister prototype c1926 404x320

But that’s it.  So, can anyone tell Tachoblog any more about Lister’s in general and, ideally, anything about Gloucester Cathedral’s one?

If you can then please email Tachoblog or comment on this post.


Related Articles and Blog Posts…