The excellent Etruck has been off in China finding out about truck manufacturing there and has posted this clip about the way that some of the transport tasks are handled at in a modern industrial environment.
These guys are contracted to move rubbish away from the assembly line at the Higer factory in Suzhou, about 100 km north of Shanghai.
Accrding to Etruck the Higer plant, where they produce over 20,000 buses a year is not very high tech, it is high quality in the Chinese context.
Now click below for more on this video and another one too…
For those that don’t know, they are partnered with Scania and make all of the Swedish truck and bus maker’s ready built buses so they are strictly monitored for quality standards.
However, parallel with the production lines, making the 300 different models Higer build, these gentlemen on large trikes work throughout the plant taking the rubbish to a collection area off site before disposal.
Etrucj says, ‘This dichotomy seems to sum up what it is which is so fascinating about modern China, this interface of the ultra modern world with practices which look almost medieval. Everyone in the west has heard about the development of China and how just about everything will eventually be manufactured here but we don’t understand how they do it, a pragmatic mix of the ancient and modern.’
While we were ‘collecting’ the first clip, Tachoblog spotted another that Etruck had made whilst in China. Whilst not strictly speaking relevant to our usual blog-fodder, the train that it shows is, quite frankly, incredible.
This is the ‘mag lev’ train that runs from Shanghai to Pudong Airport at speeds of up to 431km/h (yes, you read that right and there’s proof in the clip too) running on magnetic levitation above the track.
Related Articles and Blog Posts…
- Higer Ed Roundup – 11/3/10 « Lincoln Parish News Online
- Higer, better, faster, longer – New England’s longest zipline | YallAboard
- booking ticket on line Shanghai-Hangzhou Maglev Train – Visit Shanghai
- Scania Driver Competitions: Long haulage driver excels in precision driving – Scania Social Media Newsroom
- Singapore Closes Higer, Noble, Olam, Capitaland | Live Stock Trading News | Equities, Forex, Gold, Silver and Oil Trading
- Leads, Leads, LEADS…and now HIGER SPLITS!! + (Polk County area) | Lakeland Florida
- Tours and Attraction » Blog Archive » Pudong (Shanghai) Airport Arrival Transfer on the 500kph MagLev Train: Airport to Hotel
- dailywireless.org » Huawei LTE on Shanghai’s Maglev Train
- M&As on the Horizon as the Leasing Market Stirs | Commercial Finance Today
- New Scania power generation engine range for Stage IIIA emission legislations « Business & Finance News and Press Releases